FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
cramit.in is a new generation file hosting service. We offer sophisticated uploading and downloading tools to enable you to easily share your files with family and friends.
With cramit.in you can host your files, each upto 100GB in size, reliably and securely.
How can I upload files to cramit.in?
At cramit.in, you can upload files using the following methods/protocols :
- Directly from your computer - Go to the Upload Page and click on Browse.. to select a file. Then, click on the Upload button and the file will start uploading from your computer to our servers.
- Remote Upload - If you have files stored on another server or with service that allows for public access of files, then you can simply go to the Upload Page, click on Remote Upload, paste the link to the file in one of the boxes, and then click on Upload to start uploading.
If the other service requires you to enter a username and password to access the file, you can even enter these details in the appropriate boxes on that page.
Lastly, you can also get files from your FTP server or using the FTP protocol, using the very same page.
- From other File Hosts - Go to the Upload Page and click on Multi-Host Download. You can then paste links to files from any of the 72 file hosts that we support and then click on Upload to start uploading. A full list of supported file hosts is available on that page.
If you have purchased a premium membership which entitles you to 200 free multi-host downloads a month, you can use this very same page to utilize those credits.
- Using a metalink file - This is a fairly new standard for transferring files but is very useful nonetheless.
To use this go to the Upload Page, click on Metalink Upload and then upload the .metalink file to our servers. Once this is done, our servers will automatically start getting the actual file using the information provided in the .metalink file. This method can be used to harness the benefits of getting the same file from multiple servers simultaneously.
- Using a FTP client - Go to the Upload Page and click on FTP Upload. You will find FTP login details on this page which you can use to login to our FTP server, using a FTP client such as Filezilla. You can then transfer files from your computer to our servers using the FTP protocol, which supports resuming broken uploads.
Can I search for files other people have uploaded?
If you have a premium membrship, you can view a list of files that have been uploaded by our other users, and which they have agreed to make public. This is available under the Public Files
option after logging in.
What other features/benefits do you offer?
We have tried to design cramit.in in such a way that it fulfils the needs of a wide range of users - from the most basic and inexperienced to the most advanced and demanding. Here is a list of all the benefits that we offer, excluding the ones that have already been mentioned above :
- Affiliate Program - If you haven't already, check out our amazing Affiliate Program. It pays upto $60 for every 1,000 downloads of files that you have uploaded.
- Reseller Program - You can participate in our fast growth by becoming a cramit.in reseller and selling premium accounts to others. Unlike other programs, we do not have a complicated application procedure. To become a reseller, all you need to do is deposit money into your reseller account and you are good to go!
More details here...
- File Splitting - With a premium membership, you can split your large files into convenient parts to distribute them easily to others with a slow internet connection or to make more money in combination with our Affiliate Program. This is available under the Split coloumn in the My Files page.
- High Quality Video Streaming - With a premium membership, whenever you click on a link to a video file, you can first stream it before the download actually starts. The streaming is exactly the same as the original video file as no compression is carried out on the actual video. You can use this to determine if it is of good quality or if the video itself is worth downloading.
- File Packing - With a premium membership, you can pack the contents of a folder into a single file with a .tar extension which can then be unpacked on most operating systems using a tool like Winzip or Winrar.
- File Unrar-ing - With a premium membership, you can unrar a multi-part archive into a single file. To do this, first put in all the split parts into a folder (with no other files in that folder) and then click on the Unrar icon next to that folder. Your multi-part archive will then be unrar-ed and appear in your files list.
- File Hotlinking - With a premium membership, you get 100 GB of hotlinking bandwidth each month, free of cost! You can use this to generate hotlinks for your files and share them with friends. Anyone using a hotlink to download a file will be able to do so without visiting the cramit.in website and they will also be able to acheive premium download speeds without actually having to purchase a premium account!
How do I delete a file that I uploaded?
To delete a file you have uploaded, you must use Delete Link that was provided to you after the upload proccess.
If you have lost your removal code you can simply wait till the file expires and it will be automatically removed from our site.
If you have an account with us, you can always delete a file from your My Files
I still have questions, what should I do?
Before sending us an email, please check the Tutorial Videos
and the FAQ
above as most questions have already been answered there.
If you still have questions regarding our services don't hesitate to email us at support[at]cramit.in
. Please include the following details in your email -
- Your cramit.in username, if applicable.
- Description of the exact problem (for example, When you click on Upload, the page times out). Sending us a screenshot of the screen with the problem will help us resolve it much quicker. Vague emails which simply state 'Upload is not working' will not be replied to.
- Very Important - The link to the file that you were trying to upload/download. Again, if this is not included in your email, you will not receive a response. Exception to this case will be made when the problem that you have experienced has nothing to do with uploading/downloading. In such cases, the first 2 requirements are still to be met.